- 1 About Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
- 2 Why is Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik – Best hotel in Dubrovnik.
- 3 Accommodation
- 4 Hilton Honors Benefits
- 5 Amenities
- 6 Dining Experience
- 7 Some Historic Facts about the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
- 8 Overall experience and why is Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik – Best hotel in Dubrovnik.
- 9 Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
- 10 Share this
- 11 Like this:
Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik – A historic and fascinating hotel located on the doorstep of the Old Town and the perfect place to start your holiday in Dubrovnik. The Hilton Imperial offers stunning views of the Medieval Old town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is set in a historic building built it 1895. Without a doubt Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik – Best hotel in Dubrovnik.
About Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
The first class accommodation in Dubrovnik is just as renowned as the majestic city itself. The original building was built in 1895 and private villa built in 1913. The hotel is just a few meters from the main Pile Gate entrance of the Old Town. This is the most popular entrance used by both locals and visitors to enter the walled city. We started looking for a hotel in Dubrovnik and as soon as I spotted this property I knew straight away, this is where I wanted to stay in Dubrovnik.
Why is Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik – Best hotel in Dubrovnik.
- Location of the Hotel – This is just a few meters away from the Old Town.
- Great Service and all you would expect from a Hilton Property.
- Stunning views from the hotel overlooking the Old Town.
- Close proximity to attractions – Banje Beach, Fort Lovrjenac, Island of Lokrum and Rector’s Palace.
- The History and character of the building but completely refurbished with modern amenities.
- 149 rooms and suites beautifully decorated with all the modern amenities.
- Special Guest Rooms with magnificent views of the Old Town and Fortress.
- Executive rooms with balcony and access to the Executive Lounge.
- Deluxe suites with a living room area and a bedroom for more privacy.
- The Imperial Suite – Comes with a bedroom, living and dining room and a walk in shower with a whirlpool. A terrace and balcony overlooking the sea and old town.
Hilton Honors Benefits
Being part of the Hilton Honors program always helps. You get a few extra perks that come with the Honors programme like dedicated Honors floors on some of the properties. Access to the Executive Lounge and upgrades when available.
Our room was located on the 2nd floor with fantastic views of the Old Town from the balcony. The room was spacious, comfortable, and clean and came with all the modern amenities you’d expect from a Hilton Property. A 55 inch flat screen TV, a safe and plenty of storage space.
Apart from this the hotel has been refurbished to a very high standard. Although it has been completely renovated, Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik has preserved the original 19th Century architectural features and all the best from its glorious past, while at the same time offering contemporary comfort and technology.
- For meeting and Events it has 4 multi –purpose function rooms including the Grand Ballroom. All the venues benefit from having natural light and are pillar free.
- Fully Equipped Business centre and dedicated Concierge.
- An indoor Pool and Health Club including Spa facilities.
- Porat is the main restaurant which also serves a great breakfast to start your day with. The restaurant also offers Mediterranean cuisine with a contemporary twist and a seasonally inspired menu.
- The Imperial Bar and Lounge – The main highlight of the ground floor is the stunning Imperial Bar and Lounge. It catches your attention as soon as you set foot in the Hilton Dubrovnik. With exceptional service it offers cocktails and wine in relaxing surroundings.
- The Executive Lounge – Reserved only for guests staying in Executive rooms and suites offering snacks and refreshments all through the day.
Some Historic Facts about the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
On the 29 of May1897 a spectacular firework display lit the Dubrovnik night sky as the Imperial hotel was formally opened with all the pomp and ceremony such a magnificent building deserved.
The Imperial opened Dubrovnik to many new and modern inventions. It was the first hotel to have electric lighting, central heating, and electric lift and hot and cold running water.
The “modern” feel of the hotel delighted the locals and tourists at the time.
The level of service in the “Imperial” could be gauged by the fact that the hotel had its own small steam ship named “Ida “that took the hotel guests on excursions to the Dubrovnik Riviera.
It was visited by famous personalities including the British King Edward VIII and the famous American Wallis Simpson
Overall experience and why is Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik – Best hotel in Dubrovnik.
I must admit that the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik stands tall and offers all you need to make your holiday in Dubrovnik perfect.
The best part of the hotel was the historic building itself complimented by very friendly and helpful staff.
The high quality of the rooms and the food and beverage.
A great stay overall and one I would highly recommend if you are visiting Dubrovnik. A big thank you to Mia and the entire team @ Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik who made us feel very welcome at this historic Hotel.
And most importantly the heart and soul of the hotel, a heart that has been beating along with Dubrovnik for centuries, is alive and well.
Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
Marijana Blažića 2, 20000 Dubrovnik, Croatia
Tel: + 385 (0) 20 320 320; Fax: + 385 (0) 20 320 220
Website : www.dubrovnik.hilton.com
Read about some of the other Hilton Hotels that we have visited and experienced great hospitality.